Monday, March 30, 2015

Just Me With a Coconut in a Hammock

We had a baptism on Friday!  Our investigator Maria I think was one of my first ¨golden investigators". We found her through a reference to go visit this member Francisco.  He was only 14 years old and he and his brother were baptized when they were living in El Salvador.  Maria is their mother and we began teaching her.  She was already familiar with the church through her sons.  She is really funny and had no problems with any of the lessons. She didn't even drink coffee which was pretty surprising.  haha.  On Friday I had the opportunity to do the baptismal ordinance.  I was kind of nervous because I had never done it before.  But everything went great, except she got locked out of the bathroom after the baptism and had to wait a few minutes for someone to unlock the door while sopping wet.  But, hey, that will make her baptism even more memorable. haha.  But it was really a wonderful service. 

On Saturday we had a zone activity because have transfers this week.  We ended up celebrating the March birthdays with a cake and a pinata.  Fun stuff!  Mom! I got the package! Apparently it had been sitting in the apartment of the zone leaders for a few weeks.  haha oops.  But that means that packages can make it here! On Sunday, Elder Wendt and I sang a musical number in sacrament meeting.  We kind of formed our own arrangement of Lead Kindly Light (Divina Luz).  It was really fun. 

Transfers! Cambios!  We found out who is leaving and who is staying, but we don´t know where they are going or who is replacing them yet.  Elder Torres is leaving me! Which means I am staying in Catacamas for another 6 weeks. Hopefully I can function properly without my trainer.  haha.  Tomorrow I will find out who my new comp is.  Crazy Stuff. 

Great week!  Happy Easter!  Happy General Conference! 

- Elder Burnham 

Just Me With a Coconut in a Hammock


Confetti and Cake

Pinata

Maria and her two sons

Pretty Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment