Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Yay... I'm Twenty!

Yay! I get to email home!  We are in Juticalpa for P-Day and this is the 5th cybercafe that we had to go to and still wait 20 minutes for a computer.  Then my keyboard stopped working.  But now obviously it is working.  Yay! 
Anyway, this was a really good and different week.  All in one week I had a new companion, then he got sick, it was my birthday, and general conference.  Elder Torres is back in an area in Tegucigalpa and it is so weird not to have him here.  But that also means that I am done with my training. 
My new companion is Elder Bradshaw and he is from Idaho.  He is really awesome and his Spanish is really good since he has 18 months in the mission.  He was also serving in the office the same time that Elder Torres was.  Kinda neat.  Even though we are still getting used to each other, I already feel that we teach well together.  With transfers, our district is gringo dominated.  5 out of 8 are from the USA. 
The next day (Friday) Elder Bradshaw and Elder Dial were both sick, so Elder Dial´s new companion, Elder Acosta, and I went out to work.  Elder Acosta is really awesome.  He is this super tiny Guatemalan and he loves to say my name. haha.  He is also a really great missionary and we were able to teach and contact a lot of people that day. 
Saturday it was raining a lot, and is was my birthday, and it was conference.  We were basically going around and trying to get all of our investigators to go to conference.  For conference, they had it playing on the big screen at the church, but then we also tried to get it in English on one the the computers in the back room.  We were able to watch chunks of conference in English if the internet was functioning properly.  The parts I watched in Spanish, I will need to go read again later because honestly it was kind of hard to understand everything or stay focused with a Spanish dub.  It also really isn't the same watching conference without hearing their actual voices haha.  But it was really good,  The music was really good this year as well.  I think one of my favorite talks was given my Kevin W. Pearson of the seventy about enduring to the end.   

Todo esta bien aqui en Catacamas! Hasta proximo lunes! Que extrano a tener 20 anos.  Estoy usando un keyboard americano y no tiene los accentos.  Necesito a estudiar mas en espanol tambien.  jaja. Adios!

- Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment