Tuesday, March 17, 2015

¡Buenas Dias, Tardes, o Noches!

¡Buenas Dias, Tardes, o Noches!

Another good week here in Catacamas! I am getting close to the end of my training!  We started week 11 today of my 12 week training!  Time has gone by so fast.  Week 11 also means that I am in charge of all daily and weekly planning, as well as all the lessons!  We we will see how that goes,  I think this week will be a true test of how well I know Spanish! haha.  

On Wednesday we went to Tegucigalpa for the second meeting for new missionaries.  We went over the mission manual and a lot of the rules that are not listed in the manual. For example, we are not supposed to drink water given to us in the homes of investigators or members. haha.  A lot of other information about following the daily schedule and process for weekly planning.  I also got to see the missionaries from my district in the CCM!  

We climbed up to the cross on Saturday morning again (those who were not in our district the last time we went wanted to go).  On Sunday we had a district conference (basically the same thing as stake conference) so the two branches in Catacamas and Juticalpa met together. They had buses come around town and pick everyone up and bring them to the meeting.  We had the meeting at a hotel with a large conference space so we could fit everyone.  President and Hermana Fortuna came and spoke along with some of the local leaders.  

Sounds like you all had a fun time with Curtis.

Thanks for the music and recipes!  We will see what ingredients I can get here.  

I haven't gotten the package yet, but I got another letter from Sister Erskine.  What I think she does is that she writes a little short personal message, but then sends the same general message to all the Zion choir missionaries.  

In her letter she said that the Gills sold their bed and breakfast in Clearlake, but the stake president is adamant that Zion returns and performs, so the members are going to host small groups of the choir in their houses. Sister Erskine arranged for a bus to drive the choir up there.   They will meet at a park on the lake and have a bbq and boating activities.  Then the next day they will perform.  So it will be different, but I hope they have a fun time.  

I love you all so much! have a great week!


¡Feliz Dia!

Adios

- Elder Burnham
 
Kitten climbed up on my leg and then fell asleep


District Conference


 Another P-Day hike to the Cross on the Hill
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment