Tuesday, March 24, 2015

One more week of training, ¡que loco! We will see what happens in the next transfer.

Another pretty good week here in Catacamas.  Last P-Day we went back to see the Iguanas and other animals because why not? The zone leaders and Hermana Fornos hadn't been there before. 


This week was also the week of divisiones and intercambios.  On Tuesday evening, we had divisiones with some members in the ward, so I was out teaching with Oscar J.  He doesn't  talk much so I basically had to do a lot more than I was used to.  We went and taught our investigator Maria about tithing, and I am so grateful for the pamphlets on the lessons. haha   I was able to refer to them when I didn't quite know how to say something in Spanish.  

On Wednesday we had intercambios, so I was with Elder Dial (the district leader).  It was a really fun day. The bad thing about not having Elder Torres with me is that I get so lost.  We probably spent more time walking around than normal.  I think I know my area, but then I am just so turned around without Elder Torres.  We were able to make it to most of our lessons okay though. 

Then on Thursday afternoon, we had divisiones again.  I was with Presidente Galindo (member of the branch presidency) and I went out with him to do his orientacion familiar (home teaching).  We were able to go visit with some of the less active members in the branch.

Saturday morning we had a really good companionship study about the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost is so important in every single aspect of missionary work and we need to make sure that we always have it with us. We went and taught Maria again this Saturday about the word of wisdom, and ended up helping her chop a ton a vegetables (how great the timing for this lesson)  We also confirmed her baptismal date (this Friday whoo!)  

Yesterday kinda sucked.  I was a bit sick all day.  I was still able to function and go to church, but my stomach ached and I was a little nauseous.  I just made sure not to overdo it yesterday, but I am feeling a lot better today.  I think it might have been something that I ate on Saturday.  

Oh, I also only have one more week of training, ¡que loco! We will see what happens in the next transfer.

We are actually in Juticalpa right now.  We are having an elder's zone p-day because all the hermanas in the mission are in Tegucigalpa for some special activity.  

¡Espero que uds tuvieron una buena semana! Adios

- Elder Burnham
Snakes....

 Honestly this was torture as a missionary, haha.  Don't worry, I didn't go swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment