Monday, May 4, 2015

We have been walking a TON this week (4/27/15)

¡Hola!

Another week has passed by!  This week we had interviews with Presidente Fortuna.  We had them at the chapel and not in our apartments this time. (which means we didn´t have to make them spotless! haha)  He wanted us to have scriptures memorized about the atonement, so we could share one with him in the interview.  I shared Alma 7:11, which talked about how 
Christ suffered for all of our pains, afflictions, sicknesses, and sins.  I really like this scripture because many times people think that Christ only suffered for our sins, but he took ALL of our pains and sicknesses, sins, and pretty much anything negative in our lives upon himself, and that we can be healed in SO many ways through the atonement.  

Later that day, we had divisions and I went with Jose Luis, a member, and also the first counselor in the mission presidency happened to be in Catacamas that day so he went with us as well.  So I was just a little nervous.  But everything was great.  We visited a less active family.  Sally and Suyapa.  Sally was sick, so we offered to give her a priesthood blessing.  She asked me to give it, and I was kind of nervous, because I had never given one before, let alone in Spanish.  But that is what the mission manual is for, so I was able to use that to help me along.  It was a short blessing, and I don´t really remember what I said, but I know that the spirit was guiding me. 

We have been walking a TON this week, out in the hot sun, but we have been able to visit a lot of investigators and less active members.  We technically had nine investigators with baptismal dates, but NONE of them could make it to church on Sunday.  But I have hope for next week!  We also had to give talks in sacrament meeting.  Presidente Gomez called us at 7:00 am on Sunday and asked us to give talks about baptism and the gift of the holy ghost.  Too bad our investigators weren't there to hear them.  

We are going to Juticalpa again for p-day, but we are writing before we go so we won´t have any complications.  We might go explore a river nearby or something. Whoo!

¡Adios! ¡Hasta Lunes!

- Elder Burnham 
 
We are walking a long way to find folks


Pondering a Pond

Gecko!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment