Wednesday, June 8, 2016

new mission limbo 06/06/16

I am in this weird mission limbo where I have my new area and companion, but I also have to come back to the office to train the new general secretary.  All last week I was in my old area, so I could go to the office and train.  But this weekend, I was able to actually meet my new companion and work in my new area.  My companion is Elder Garcia from Guatemala, super close to the border of Mexico.  He is newer in the mission (he has about 5 months).  He is super cool, and laid back.  We are the area, Los Laureles (Colonia San Francisco), which is basically on the top of this hill in Comayaguela. There are some pretty good views of the city up there.  I can see my two old areas in the distance.  I am going to end up spending almost a whole year straight just in the city, within three areas.  

Our house is on the second floor of a restaurant owned by a member.  The apartment is not bad, but I just have to get used to taking cold bucket showers again because we only have running water every few days.  It was kind of sad after taking hot showers for the last seven months haha.  The landlady´s cat sneaked into out apartment and pooped in an empty box, haha.  I hope the elders before me haven´t been feeding the cat because we are not supposed to have pets, haha.  

Elder Garcia has been showing me around the area, and we got to meet a lot of members and less actives, as well as some of the investigators that we have.  We are teaching some really awesome families.  We have also been getting a lot of rain this last week.  I guess we are heading into the wet season now.  It usually rains every night now.  

Today I am writing from the office. I might have to come and pop in every now and then to help out the new secretary.  But everything is pretty good and I am excited to work in a new area!

- Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment