Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Yo me voy!

Yo me voy!  I have transfers, who knows where I will go or who will be my companion. 
Ugh the anticipation! haha.  It´s a little disappointing to leave, because I really liked this
area.  We opened this area with hardly anything, and now I feel like we are starting to
have a lot of progress and potential, and I am leaving. We had FIVE investigators in
 church on Sunday.  But it is also exciting to have change.

On Friday we had interviews with President Ferman.  What I liked was that he focused on
how we need to work with less active members and recent converts.  We can help
strengthen the ward and they will give us references.  He didn´t focus on tracting tracting
tracting, when some missionaries think that´s the only way to do missionary work and find
new people to teach.  Pretty much all of our investigators are references.  

On Saturday we had a ward baptism for Jonatan, an 8 year old boy, from a member family. 
His parents basically asked us to organize everything, so we had been focusing on getting
that all ready this week.  It was a really great, simple service, and we had 2 investigators there.
whoo!

There is a youth, Victor, in the ward. He is 15 and will turn 16 in November.  No one in his
family are members, but his mom, Jackie, came to church on Sunday (last week) and really
liked it.  She appears to be really positive.  We had a really powerful lesson with her on Saturday
She went to the Catholic church when she was really little, but then never went to any church for
the rest of her life.  We invited her to pray at the end of the lesson, and then she started crying
because the spirit was so strong, and because she had never really prayed before in her life. 
She really wanted to, but didn´t know how.  Then her son came over and sat next to her and
guided her through and taught her to pray.  It was so amazing.  Victor is going to turn 16 and
we made a goal with him, that if she wants to continue with us that he should be the one to
baptize her.

We had a really good week here in Sorzales and I am a little sad to be leaving, but Elder Gomez
will be able to take care of everything.  It's crazy how fast this time went by, and I already finished
training Elder Gomez.  He is such a great missionary, and I feel like I have learned so much more
from him, than he from me. haha.  I love you all so much, have a great week.

- Elder Burnham  



No comments:

Post a Comment