Monday, January 18, 2016

¡HOLA! I hope you all had a great week.

¡HOLA! I hope you all had a great week.  I had another lovely day going to Immigration will 11 missionaries for their residencies.  But I was only there for 5 hours this time, haha.  I was with Elder Duncan because he was one of the missionaries taking out his residency.  The immigration building is right next to a big mall, so afterwards we went to JOHNNY ROCKETS! haha That is not somewhere I thought I would go eat while on my mission.  It was kinda pricey, but so worth it!  That day I completed an entire year in the mission field so we decided it was a good excuse to go eat there, haha.  I ate the most (and only) delicious BBQ bacon onion-ring pepper jack cheese burger in all of my mission.  So that made a stressful and boring day into a better one. 

As I mentioned last week, we are teaching Jina and her three sons.  Last Saturday, they were in the hospital because Luis (the mute son) had heart complication.  I didn´t quite understand what the problem was, but it sounded like he had a heart attack.  But that doesn´t make much sense for a 16 year-old boy to be having heart attacks.  It was some kind of stress/anxiety induced heart complication.  It must have not been a big deal because he was back later that night and was doing fine.  It was just a little stressful, but we should be able to go visit all of them again pretty soon. 

On P-day we went back down south to Sabana Grande to go cook pupusas at a members house with the missionaries that are serving down there (where Elder Alvarado is serving).  It was fun, we just got to hang out and kind of each take turns making pupusas.  They turned out pretty good, and we ended up with a ton of leftovers haha.  Later that day we went to this really random place that Elder Rivadeneira went to when he served in this area.  I am still kind of confused to what this place was supposed to be.  It was up on this hill where there are a ton of those giant wind turbines and you can see all of Tegucigalpa from a distance.  They had this giant cross that looked to be made out of old junk and car parts.  And little spots dedicated to different religions and philosophies like Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, and others.  Then there was this little house/museum with random relics from the past and more religious artifacts I guess you could say.  The people that owned the place were LDS and had copies of the book of Mormon in various languages and pamphlets out on display too.  They also had donkeys walking around on the property and they kept coming up to us and were sticking their heads inside our car! haha.  It was a really random, but neat place that we would have never even had known existed if my comp hadn´t already known about it. 

Elder Olmedo goes home this transfer so we already have a new secretary training in the office.  He is Elder De la Rosa and is from Mexico.  He seems pretty cool.   Yep, transfers are next week, so life might be getting a little crazy pretty soon.  I probably will have two more transfers here in the office. We´ll see.  

Have a great week!

- Elder Burnham
















No comments:

Post a Comment