Sunday, December 6, 2015

Happy Black Friday!

Hello!

Elder Bingham had a copy of the November conference Ensign, and I saw the pictures of the Bateys, so that was pretty neat.  

In other news, yesterday, I completed a full year in the mission! Crazy! and it was also Thanksgiving! Whoo! And boy did we celebrate! haha.  In the morning, we went to DENNY´S for breakfast!  In honor of me completing a year and Elder Bingham completing a year of being in the mission field in Honduras, and because it was Thanksgiving.  So I basically ate these cinnamon roll pancakes with eggs, hash browns, bacon, and sausage.  I was in heaven. haha 

In the Temple, there are senior couple missionaries.  The Christensens had been in the US for a while because the temple was closed for some deep cleaning.  But then they came back recently and invited a ton of missionaries to come over for a big Thanksgiving dinner!  At the temple they have apartments for the temple presidency, so we went over to their apartment and we had ten missionaries in total.  They cooked us turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, rolls (homemade and sooooo good), and to finish it off with key lime pie.  I can easily say that this was one of the best meals I have had on my mission.  I have never been so full, and have never eaten so much American food in one day.  All of the gringo missionaries were very happy. 

I hope you all had a delicious Thanksgiving!

- Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment