Monday, April 18, 2016

Hello! I don´t think anything too exciting happened this week.04/13/16

Hello!  I don´t think anything too exciting happened this week.  I don´t have any pictures either, haha. I had to take some more missionaries to immigration this week and everything went really smoothly.  No one complained, got confused, or irritated (including myself) so I think we reached a new milestone, haha! 

We contacted this family in the street on Saturday and when we invited them to church they were like, "yeah, we were actually already planning on going tomorrow."  Elder Johnson and I were really confused and then we found out that the wife is the cousin of a member and she invited them to go.  So that was really cool, and they showed up the next day!  We actually had a lot of investigators in church on Sunday.  Only that some of them left right after sacrament meeting because little children having meltdowns took priority...haha.  

We had to go to some mail place by the airport because Elder Johnson had some document that he needed a stamp for.  We show up, and the guy that needs to give us the stamp won´t let us in to his office until he got to half time of the soccer game he was watching...Sometimes people are more religious about soccer than religion.  

We are teaching this sassy little old catholic lady who I think is more concerned about being our grandma and feeding us food than what we come to teach.  She invited us over for lunch on Sunday.  When we teach something, she will end up saying something like, "I am sitting here listening to what you are saying, but I just don´t remember anything" haha

Robelio is progressing a lot.  He is always ready to go to church and loves when we come over.  We taught him about the restoration and the word of wisdom and he just accepts everything without any doubts.  It was such a great lesson!  He is seriously so prepared and wants to get baptized.  

That´s all I can think of for right now!  Have a great week!

- Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment